IBA ORGANIZATION & COMMITTEE CHARTER
TITLE: MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE
TYPE COMMITTEE: STANDING COMMITTEE
AUTHORITY: APPOINTED BY THE IBA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Membership Committee assists the Board Representative and Association Manager and acts in an advisory capacity to the Board. It will meet monthly to address and review the following.
- Define the Membership Committee mission/purpose statement
- Develop programs to build membership while working to enhance the retention rate through:
1. Educational venues: EuroTour, HCP Show, Diamond Jam/Balloon Camp, Twist and Shout, Float the Convention, Halloween & Party Expo, Learnballoondecorating.com, and distributor sponsored education.
2. Educational Web sites: BHQ, Balloon Resource Center, MBD2, and Bezonline
3. Sister organizations: NABA and NABAS
4. Programs and contests for Distributor and Manufacturer members to recruit new members
- Develop a program to promote membership with the party channel, i.e., PCA, PFA, and Party Land.
- Develop programs to improve annual renewal rates such as discounts for automatic membership renewal.
- Define member benefits for all categories of membership, i.e., Manufacturer, Distributor, and Retailer/Decorator/Entertainer and develop effective marketing tools to communicate benefits.
- Develop surveys for the Manager to execute
- Develop ideas for Member Only pages on the IBA Web site
- Review and make recommendations to the Board on overall membership policy
The Membership Committee will consist of a minimum of eight (8) and no more than twelve (12) members and will elect a Vice Chair and Secretary. They will serve one (1) year terms.
REPORTS AND MEETINGS
Annually (December), submit a written report to the Board summarizing activities, current and future issues, membership status and recommendations. At least quarterly, the Chair or the Vice President will attend the Board teleconference meetings and submit a report of past and future activities and recommendations. Publish meeting agendas and minutes and conduct meetings, as necessary. Meeting minutes will be provided to the Manager and may be published on the website. Meetings will be held via teleconference and/or via email discussion.
This charter will be reviewed annually by the Board of Directors at its April Monthly Board meeting.
This Charter was approved by the IBA Board of Directors at the March 2008 Monthly Board Meeting.